Setting up iCloud email in Windows 8 mail app is not that simple, especially, because certain support documents of Apple or Microsoft are not correct in all details. Very important are the SSL-settings mentioned in the later text.
- Username = …@me.com
- imap.mail.me.com, SSL = on, Port = 993
- smtp.mail.me.com, SSL = off, Port = 587
- Outgoing server requires authentication = yes
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email = yes
It is very important to switch on SSL for IMAP and off SSL for SMTP!
Latest posts by Gee Are Pabst (see all)
- Google’s CalDAV And CardDAV APIs Is Available For Everyone - June 6, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up SMS And Voicemail Notifications For Google Voice - May 30, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For Gmail (Google Email) - May 30, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For Microsoft Accounts (Windows Live, Hotmail or Outlook.com) - May 29, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For iCloud Email - May 29, 2013