Last, but not least, I tested Shairport4w, a small app for AirPlaying music from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to the loud-speakers of your Windows PC. In contrast to Airfoil, Shairport4w does not cost anything! It turns your Windows PC’s loud-speakers into an AirPlay device.
The Installation of Shairport4w is very simple, just download the zip-file, unpack it and run the exe-file as administrator.
After that, Shairport4w is running as a service and you can open it and make some property changes:
Setting a password for AirPlay (I do not mind), Giving your Windows PC an alternate name or choosing to autostart Shairport4w every time you boot your Windows PC. There are advanced options, too. But to me, it looks a little bit to complicated: Just let it be…
Latest posts by Gee Are Pabst (see all)
- COOKOO App Updated To Version 1.4: Battery Consumption Reduced Significantly - May 19, 2013
- iCloud Calendar Subscription on Outlook.com: Microsoft Forum Moderator States ‘We Don’t Support 3rd Party Calendars’ - May 16, 2013
- AirPlay: Airserver 1.1.8 And 1.9 Beta Running Better On Windows 8 (But Still Not Perfectly) - May 12, 2013
- How To Install Whatsapp On iPad Without Jailbreak - May 9, 2013
- PhotoSync App Review On iPhone, iPad, Mac And Windows 8 PC - May 5, 2013