Some weeks ago I reported about my findings on running Reflector app on Windows 8 Pro. Reflector app doesn’t run perfectly on Windows 8. So do other AirPlay mirroring apps like AirParrot and AirServer.
Since last Friday I’m a happy and pride owner of a MacBook Pro 13″ (Mid 2012) with a Intel Core Duo i5 2,5GHz processor running on OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.
One of the very first apps I installed was Reflector App 1.5.4 for Mac and I can state that this app is running perfectly on Mountain Lion: The response time is short and direct, video recording and saving is working, too. I tested it on a iPhone 4S and a iPad 4th generation with retina display. A short demonstration can be found on miApple.tv:
Further more, playing a split screen game app via Air Play is possible, too. This mean you can use your iPhone or iPad as a steering wheel and watch the race on your Mac. Here you can watch my video of Real Racing 2 HD:
In contrast to the Windows version, which does not work properly on Windows 8 Pro, the Mac version does its job well.
Latest posts by Gee Are Pabst (see all)
- Google’s CalDAV And CardDAV APIs Is Available For Everyone - June 6, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up SMS And Voicemail Notifications For Google Voice - May 30, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For Gmail (Google Email) - May 30, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For Microsoft Accounts (Windows Live, Hotmail or Outlook.com) - May 29, 2013
- COOKOO Watch: Setting Up Email Notifications For iCloud Email - May 29, 2013