Some people face problems with setting up iCloud email (@me.com account) in the Windows 8 mail app and/or in Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. I’ve already reported how it works for the Windows mail app on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. But how does it work for Outlook 2013? Officially, iCloud control panels does only support iCloud email on Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 on a Windows computer. However, you can set up iCloud email on Outlook 2013 as well by setting the outgoing server (SMTP) on TLS!
The set up steps are the following:
- Download and install iCloud control panel on your Windows PC.
- Open iCloud control panel and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Next, check the box ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook’ and click on ‘Start’. The Syncing will take a while. After the syncing has finished click on ‘OK’.
- Open Outlook and check if it already works correctly with iCloud email.
- If not, go to your iCloud account settings in Outlook 2014 (or add it newly, if the setup didn’t work). On the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click ‘Change Account’. Then hit ‘Advanced settings’ and ‘Advanced’ and switch Outgoing server (SMTP) to ‘TLS’.
- The following settings should now be filled in:
- Incoming server (IMAP), 993, SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP), 587, TLS
If you still face problems check if the IMAP server is ‘p08-imap.mail.me.com’ and ‘p08-smtp.mail.me.com’. Alternatively, try p01, p02, p03,….
It is very important to switch on SSL for IMAP and TLS for SMTP! After clicking on ‘OK’ iCloud email in Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 should work now.