A Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV mobile broadband modem USB stick is easily installed on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Just use the following work around to get your Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV running on Mavericks. If you also have a Windows 8 / 8.1 PC, you install it following the Windows 8 / 8.1 instructions.
Finally, if the Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV is unlocked and voice functions are enabled, this modem USB stick is utilizable as a GSM Gateway on FRITZ!Box models which are capable for mobile broadband modem USB sticks, e.g. on a FRITZ!Box 7390.
I conducted the installation with the following set up:
- Mac Book Pro 13” Mid 2012, upgraded from 4 to 16 GB memory
- Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV modem USB stick (Hardware version CD25TCPV, Chipset Qualcomm MSM6290, 7.2 Mbit/s via HSDPA, 5.75 Mbit/s via HSUPA) with micro SD slot for up to 8 GB and a hidden connector for external antenna (Specifications Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV):
- Mobile Partner for Mac OS X 10.9 (software version 23.015.02.01.983, HUAWEI_DataCard_ClientSoftware_MAC-V200R003B015D02SP01C983)
- Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac (software version 4.25.45.00, update for MacBook air)
- Note: For software updates click here and search for ‘Mac‘.
The work around on Mac OS X 10.9 is as follows :
- Download and install Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac:
- Download and install Huawei Mobile Partner for Mac OS X 10.9: MobileConnectMac
Mobile Partner for Mac OS X 10.9 (software version 23.015.02.01.98, HUAWEI_DataCard_ClientSoftware_MAC-V200R003B015D02SP01C983)
Languages: English Author: Huawei Platforms: Mac OS X Category: Huawei Date: February 9, 2014
- Restart your Mac.
- Insert the SIM-card your K3765-HV, connect it to your Mac and skip installation of Vodafone Mobile Broadband software.
- Open Mobile Partner software and wait until the K3765 is detected.
- If a connection profile is already prompted, click on ‘Connect‘. If the connection is successful, the ‘Connect‘-button turned into ‘Disconnect‘.
- If no connection profile is displayed, go to ‘Tools‘, ‘Options‘, ‘Profile Management‘ and add a new profile. Fill in *99# as ‘access number’, ‘APN‘, ‘user name‘ and ‘password‘ given by your mobile provider.
Note: Every time you plug the Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV to your Mac again, installation of Vodafone Mobile Broadband software is prompted. Just ignored it and skip it, start ‘Mobile Partner‘, wait until your device is detected again and then click on ‘Connect‘.
Installing a Huawei / Vodafone K3765-HV mobile broadband modem USB stick on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is easily done by using the Huawei Mobile Partner software and Huawei Mobile Connect Driver.