Since February 7, 2013, I’ve been a lucky MacBook Pro owner! I was absolutely fed up with the underperformance of my Windows PC, an Acer Aspire 1810T running on Windows 8. I gave this Windows PC a last chance: I installed Windows 8 in the hope of a better performance, but I was absolutely disappointed!
Like it happened with any new Windows version, the very beginning was delighting and it seemed that Microsoft had overcome their complicated programmed system meaning that you need more and more computing power. But after a couple of weeks and the more apps I installed, Windows 8 turned in the same direction as Windows 7 has already done: Getting more and more slowly…
But now this time period ended for me: I like my MacBook Pro very much! As an ‘old’ Windows user you have to rethink some working procedures, but taking everything into account moving from Microsoft’s Windows to Apple’s OS X was simpler than I thought!
Despite this, I will keep my Windows 8 machine because I will continue to report about the borderland Microsoft and Apple. Now I’m able to compare these two ecosystems directly. But I do my work on the MacBook Pro!
All together I’ve got now the following Apple products:
- iPhone 4S, 64 GB (MD258D/A)
- iPad 4 WiFi + Cellular, 64 GB (4th generation, MD524FD/A)
- MacBook Pro 13”, 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz, 4 GB 1600 MHz memory, 500 GB 5400-rpm hard drive, Intel HD Graphics 400, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (Mid 2012,
- Apple TV 3 (2x, 3rd generation, MD199FD/A)
- Time Capsule 2 TB (MD032Z/A)
- AirPort extreme base station (2x, 5th generation, MD031Z/A)
- AirPort express station (2nd generation, MB321Z/A)
- AirPort express base station (3rd generation, MC414Z/A)
- Apple camera connection kit (MC531ZM/A)
- Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader (MD822ZM/A)
Sponsored Link: Find all above mentioned products here: miShopping!