Install WhatsApp on iPad with the iOS app Messenger+ for WhatsApp. No Jailbreak is required, Messenger+ for WhatsApp mirrors all information on iPhone using WhatsApp Web in a more comfortable way. WhatApp Web is working without jailbreak on iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra. In the past, WhatsApp on iPad without jailbreak was working on iOS 7 and iOS 8 up to version 2.11.8.
But then, WhatsApp 2.11.8 apparently expired, meaning the app certificate was not valid anymore. Hence, you could not install WhatsApp 2.11.8 on your iPad, iPad air or iPod touch anymore. Furthermore, WhatsApp versions higher than 2.11.8 have never worked on iOS 8 due to root and folder limitations of a non-jailbreaked iPad.
WhatsApp Web is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are fully synced between your phone and your computer, and you can see all messages on both devices. Any action you take on the phone will apply to WhatsApp Web and vice versa. At this time, WhatsApp Web is available only for Android, iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.1 and higher, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO, BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
WhatsApp Web is not another WhatsApp account. When you use WhatsApp on your computer and your phone, you are simply accessing the same account on these two devices.
In the meantime, there are several iOS messenger apps for WhatsApp on iPad without jailbreak using WhatsApp Web:
[appbox appstore 1057053545]
[appbox appstore 1040259289]
[appbox appstore 1054529677]
How to install WhatsApp on iPad via an iOS messenger app for WhatsApp
- Open the iOS App Store and search for “Messenger for WhatsApp”. You will find several apps for that purpose, select the one of your choice and install it. I took Messenger+ for WhatsApp because it is free and effortless working (you can remove ads via in-app purchase). Then open Messenger+ for WhatsApp.
- Take your iPhone, open WhatsApp messenger and go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Scan Code‘. Hold your iPhone directly above your iPad with opened Messenger+ for WhatsApp and let the code be scanned.
- Immediately after the successful QR scan, Messenger+ for WhatsApp is connected to WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone:
- Clicking on a chat, you will see the complete chat history. Now you can type a message. The message will be send via WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone to your chat partner.
- If the iPhone is out of reach, meaning the connection is lost, you will get the following screen on Messenger+ for WhatsApp. Tap on ‘Retry now‘ to re-establish the connection to your iPhone.
- If you are using WhatsApp Web on another device, e.g. on your Mac, Windows PC or your android tablet, you will get the following screen. Tap on ‘Use here‘ to re-connect WhatsApp Web to your iPad.
WhatsApp on iPad is easily installed using the iOS app Messenger+ for WhatsApp without jailbreak. Messenger+for WhatsApp mirrors all information on iPhone via WhatsApp web. There are also some alternate iOS messenger apps for WhatsApp on iPad available.
Stay tuned! 😉