macOS Photos app cannot export selected albums to folders sustaining the original album’s name. Further more, macOS Photos app can even not export nested albums. However, nested Photos app albums are easily exported to folders using an app based on an applescript conserving the albums’ original names. The app is working on macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 and Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.
How to export albums to nested folders with macOS Photos app
- Download the application “Photos Export Nested Albums To Folders“. Photos Export Nested Albums To Folders App
"Photos Export Nested Albums To Folders App" is an app for the macOS Photos app for exporting nested Photos albums to nested folders on the selected drive.
Author: Gee Are Pabst Platforms: Windows 8 Category: macOS License: Shareware Date: June 18, 2017
- Open your Photos app library and launch the app “Photos Export Nested Albums To Folders“.
- Select a destination folder on your hard drive.
- Choose the original or edited versions of the photos for exporting.
- Select the albums you want to be exported by holding the ‘Command‘-key and click.
- Each Photos app album will be exported to a folder with the same name as the album. Those folders will be situated in the folder you selected in step 3.
macOS Photos App, introduced in April 2015 with the release of Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, lacks of a function of exporting nested albums of images to external folders on a hard disk remaining the Photos’ albums original name. You can overcome this lack by using an Applescript. For a more convenient way as shown in this post, the Applescript is converted to a macOS application.
Stay tuned! 😉