Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 4. On May 26, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 4 (build number 14E26a, “pre-release”). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.2 software. Referring to the release notes, the Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. The focus areas are Photos, Migration, Arabic and Hebrew.
The following set up was used for testing:
- Plex (Version 0.9.12.2.1124-e797a3e/’Plex Pass only’, May 21, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.5, April 27, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 4:
The latest Apple TV 7.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
Plex Media Server was updated on May 21, 2015 (‘Plex Pass only’).
Plex Version 0.9.12.2.1124-e797a3e changelog (fixes):
- Allow agents to provide sort titles.
- Read sort titles from ID3 tags in local media agent.
- Allow seasons to have artwork.
- If you reparent items to a new artist, kick off a match/refresh automatically.
- Replace “zero star” filter with “not rated”.
- Improvements to searching (ignore diacritics, word-start matching).
- Don’t make media bundles for tracks (saves 10 directories per track). Empty bundles to fix.
- Fix a case in which partial scanning could make media go missing until the next scan.
- Fix occasional duplicate seasons in Recently Added hubs.
- Similar artists were ordered incorrectly.
- (OS X) Code-signing issue on 10.10.4.
- (Linux) Lots of fixes for scanning libraries based on filesystem changes.
- (Transcoder) Specify correct H.264 level.
- Fix randomness on New Music Videos hub.
- (Sync) Don’t sync the wrong (not selected) audio streams.
- Don’t allow bogus formatted dates to make their way into the database.
- Recently Added seasons often didn’t show up in top-level hubs, they were ordered wrong.
- (DLNA) Fix broken artwork on PS3 and other issues (since 0.9.12.0).
- Change request time logging to wallclock time (thanks, sa2000!)
- Fix files on OS X with “\” characters always showing up in Recently Added.
- A few crashes.
- (Scanner) Fixes and improvments when “respecting tags”.
- (Scanner) A few more multi-disc fixes.
- (Scanner) Fixed a few exceptions which could prevent removed tracks from disappearing.
- (Agents) Improvments getting metadata for bands with few listeners on Last.FM.PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.5 was updated with some improvements on March 28, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.5 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84.
- Added boot lock button to app to enable all apps to load @ boot e.g. Plex Media Server and then locks the screen to prevent unauthorized access to your mac while still loading all the apps.
- Removed “mute boot” button.
- Add icon upload video tutorial.
- Simplified hijack tab into one window with Apple TV setup guide.
- Fixed bug in reboot OS X option in WebConnect.
- Fixed bug in myplex loader.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 4 with hijacking Trailers, iMovie and WSJ app!
Stay tuned! 😉