A Huawei E3372 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V mobile broadband modem USB stick is easily installed on macOS Big Sur 11, macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra without using Mobile Partner software and despite Apple’s System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’. Just use the following work around to get your Huawei E3372s-153 / T-Com Speedstick LTE V running on macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 10.12 Sierra or macOS 10.13 High Sierra. This tweak also applies to Huawei E3276, Huawei K3765-HV (Vodafone K3765-HV) and any other Huawei mobile broadband modem like Huawei E160, Huawei E173, Huawei E3331, Huawei E3531, Huawei E3533 and Huawei K5150 (Vodafone K5150-H). If you also have a Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10, you just follow the Windows 8 / 8.1 instructions for Huawei K3765.
I conducted the installation with the following set up:
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016) with macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 5 installed.
- Huawei E3372s-153 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V (LTE FDD : Cat4 DL:150Mbps/UL:50Mbps @20M BW, UMTS: DCHSPA+:42/5.76Mbps;21M/5.76Mbps;14M/5.76M, HSUPA:7.2M/5.76M, 2G: EDGE packet data service of up to 236.8kbps) with micro SD slot and two hidden connectors for external antenna (Specifications Huawei E3372):
- Download Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac, update for MacBook air (MobileConnectDriver for Mac Book Air 2013, 2013-08-31, 2015-02-28, software version 4.25.45.00)
- For software updates click here and search for ‘Mac‘.
- Mobile Partner for Mac OS X is working on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan if parts of the System Integrity Protection (csrutil rootless) are disabled during installation. Nevertheless, I describe an alternative way to connect the E3372 without the Mobile Partner Software.
The work around to install Huawei E3372 on macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra without Mobile Partner Software is as follows:
- After disabling System Integrity Protection / ‘csrutil‘, insert the SIM-card into your Huawei E3372, connect it to your Mac and skip installation of Internet Manager Software (for Telekom Speedstick LTE V only).
- Download and install Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac 4.25.45.00: 804.9 KiB
Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac (software version 4.25.45.00, update for MacBook air)
Languages: English Author: Huawei Platforms: Mac OS X Category: Huawei Date: February 9, 2014
- Open ‘System Preferences‘ and select ‘Network‘. Click on ‘+‘ and create a new service. Select ‘HUAWEIMobile-‘ (NOT ‘HUAWEIMobile-Modem’!) and click on ‘Create‘.
- For configuration, select configuration ‘Default‘, type ‘*99#‘ in the field ‘Telephone number‘ and leave empty ‘Account name‘ and ‘Password‘. Click on ‘Connect‘ to establish the connection.
- If the connection is correctly built, you will find the status ‘connected‘. The close the connection, just click on ‘disconnect‘or unplug your Huawei E3372.
Note: Every time you plug the Huawei E3372s-153 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V to your Mac again, installation of T-Mobile Internet Manager software is prompted. Just ignored it and skip it.
Installing a Huawei E3372 / T-Com Speedstick LTE V mobile broadband modem USB stick on macOS is easily done by using the Huawei Mobile Connect Driver and the Mac’s built-in network preferences after disabling System Integrity protection ‘csrutil’. Mobile Partner software is not needed!
Stay tuned! 😉