Update: Installing Huawei E3372 On macOS 10.12 Sierra
A Huawei E3372 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V mobile broadband modem USB stick is easily installed on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite without using Mobile Partner software. Just use the following work around to get your Huawei E3372s-153 / T-Com Speedstick LTE V running on Yosemite. So far, Huawei E3372 is not working on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. If you also have a Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10, you just follow the Windows 8 / 8.1 instructions for Huawei K3765.
I conducted the installation with the following set up:
- MacBook Pro 13” Retina End 2013 with Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite installed.
- Huawei E3372s-153 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V (LTE FDD : Cat4 DL:150Mbps/UL:50Mbps @20M BW, UMTS: DCHSPA+:42/5.76Mbps;21M/5.76Mbps;14M/5.76M, HSUPA:7.2M/5.76M, 2G: EDGE packet data service of up to 236.8kbps) with micro SD slot and two hidden connectors for external antenna (Specifications Huawei E3372):
- Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac, update for MacBook air (MobileConnectDriver for Mac Book Air 2013, 2013-08-31, software version 4.25.45.00)
- For software updates click here and search for ‘Mac‘.
- Mobile Partner for Mac OS X is now working on Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite. Nevertheless, I describe an alternative way to connect the E3372 without the Mobile Partner Software.
The work around to install Huawei E3372 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite without Mobile Partner Software is as follows:
- Insert the SIM-card into your Huawei E3372, connect it to your Mac and skip installation of Internet Manager Software (for Telekom Speedstick LTE V only).
- Download and install Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac 4.25.45.00: 804.9 KiB
Huawei Mobile Connect Driver for Mac (software version 4.25.45.00, update for MacBook air)
Languages: English Author: Huawei Platforms: Mac OS X Category: Huawei Date: February 9, 2014
- Open ‘System Preferences‘ and select ‘Network‘. Click on ‘+‘ and create a new service. Select ‘HUAWEIMobile-‘ (NOT ‘HUAWEIMobile-Modem’!) and click on ‘Create‘.
- For configuration, select configuration ‘Default‘, type ‘*99#‘ in the field ‘Telephone number‘ and leave empty ‘Account name‘ and ‘Password‘. Click on ‘Connect‘ to establish the connection.
- If the connection is correctly built, you will find the status ‘connected‘. The close the connection, just click on ‘disconnect‘or unplug your Huawei E3372.
Note: Every time you plug the Huawei E3372s-153 / Telekom Speedstick LTE V to your Mac again, installation of T-Mobile Internet Manager software is prompted. Just ignored it and skip it.
Installing a Huawei E3372 / T-Com Speedstick LTE V mobile broadband modem USB stick on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite is easily done by using the Huawei Mobile Connect Driver and the Mac’s built-in network preferences. Mobile Partner software is not needed!
Stay tuned! 😉