Learn how to set up Whatsapp Web on iPad, iPad air and Mac. WhatApp Web is working without jailbreak on iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra. In the past, WhatsApp on iPad without jailbreak was working on iOS 7 and iOS 8 up to version 2.11.8. But then, WhatsApp 2.11.8 apparently expired, meaning the app certificate was not valid anymore. Hence, you could not install WhatsApp 2.11.8 on your iPad, iPad air or iPod touch anymore. Furthermore, WhatsApp versions higher than 2.11.8 have never worked on iOS 8 due to root and folder limitations of a non-jailbreaked iPad.
WhatsApp Web is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are fully synced between your phone and your computer, and you can see all messages on both devices. Any action you take on the phone will apply to WhatsApp Web and vice versa. At this time, WhatsApp Web is available only for Android, iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.1 and higher, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO, BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
WhatsApp Web is not another WhatsApp account. When you use WhatsApp on your computer and your phone, you are simply accessing the same account on these two devices.
Minimum requirements to enjoy WhatsApp Web on iPad and Mac
- You need to have an active WhatsApp account on your iPhone or phone. WhatsApp Web on iPad works also with an android phone, e.g. Samsung Galaxy S5 mini!
- You need to have a stable internet connection on both your phone and your computer.
- You need to use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari as your web browser on your computer.
- The QR code in the following only appears if the private mode of the browser is disabled, otherwise there will be an issue. [Kudos to gasolinux!]
How to set up WhatsApp Web on iPad
- Open the Safari app on your iPad and visit web.whatsapp.com. Tap and hold the reload symbol until ‘Request Desktop Site‘ appears.
- Now the QR code is ready for scanning with the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘WhatsApp Web‘.
- Scan the QR Code on your iPad’s screen from your iPhone.
- Immediately after the successful scan, you will get the following note displayed on your iPad’s screen: ‘To use all WhatsApp Web’s features like photo capturing and Voice Message recording, we recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera.‘ This note is NOT applicable for iOS. WhatsApp on iOS will only work on Safari app.
- After tapping on ‘OK, I got it.‘, you will see your chat contacts and the message ‘Keep your phone connected.‘.
- Tap on a person to see recent synced chats.
- From your iPhone, navigate to WhatsApp Web to view your logged in computers or to logout from an active WhatsApp Web session.
How to set up WhatsApp Web on Mac
- You take the steps 1 to 4 of the above mentioned iPad set up.
- If WhatsApp Web is still open on your iPad, you will get this message: ‘WhatsApp Web is open on another computer or browser. Click on ‘Use Here’ to use WhatsApp Web in this browser.‘ Skip this by tapping on ‘Log out‘.
- On your Mac you can allow push notification alerts.
- Finally, WhatsApp Web on iPad switch to your Mac.
Note: To avoid data usage charges on your iPhone, we recommend that you are always connected to Wi-Fi when using WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web on iPad and Mac is easily set up. WhatApp Web is working without jailbreak on iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Stay tuned! 😉