A lot of people have the need to get a least their iCloud calendar subscribed to the Windows 8 calendar app and/or to their Windows Phone 7 / 8 calendar. A bunch of threads regarding this problem of syncing iCloud to Outlook.com, which is supported by Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7 and 8, can be found on the Microsoft Community Forums. In a thread a Microsoft Forum moderator stated that “…for those who are experiencing issues with their iCloud calendar subscription, please be informed that we don’t support 3rd party calendar. Please contact the calendar creator for more proper assistance on how to resolve the issue.” In other words: Microsoft is not willing to solve this problem!
However, it is not an Apple issue because iCloud calendar sync works perfectly together with Outlook! Therefore, it is Microsoft’s job to get this problem solved!
Here’s my personal example for the above mentioned problem:
And here you find the bunch of threads on ‘Microsoft Answers’ dealing with that topic, up to now, not solved:
- How do I sync my iCloud calendar to my hotmail calendar? (July 10, 2012)
- I am subscribed to an apple icloud public calendar. It will not update. (July 11, 2012)
- Subscribe to iCloud Calendar – See only recurrent events (September 22, 2012)
- I Can not Setup my iCloud Account in the new Live Tile mail in windows 8 (November 8, 2012)
- Can’t get hotmail to subscribe to iCloud (December 28, 2012)
- Calendars – iCloud / Hotmail (January 16, 2013)
- Calendar Stopped Syncing With iCloud Shared Calendar (March 12, 2013)
- … (can be continued endlessly)
But what is Microsoft really willing to do? The standard answer of a ‘Microsoft Answers’ moderator is “I (re-)escalated your issue to our experts, please give us some time to work on your problem.”. However, where are the experts? And why does it takes so long? In July we all will have our first anniversary! Well done, Microsoft!