Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 3. On May 11, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 3 (build number 14E17e, “pre-release”). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.2 software. Referring to the release notes, the Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. The focus areas are Photos, Migration, Arabic and Hebrew.
The following set up was used for testing:
- Plex (Version 0.9.12.1.1079-b655370/’Plex Pass only’, May 4, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.5, April 27, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 3:
The latest Apple TV 7.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
Plex Media Server was updated on May 4, 2015 (‘Plex Pass only’).
Plex Version 0.9.12.1.1079-b655370 changelog (fixes):
- Enable iTunes importing code for UNIX; set advanced preference with path to library XML.
- Support for decade-based filtering for movies and albums.
- Add a hidden preference for sorting albums (AlbumSort, with default value “year:desc”).
- Add a new library preference to tell scanner to respect media tags (for new libraries).
- Fixes a crash shortly after startup.
- Fixes (Linux) Crash on start.
- Fixes (Windows) Scanner might not pick up new media, or might stop in the middle.
- Fixes a few other crashes and minor stability issues.
PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.5 was updated with some improvements on March 28, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.5 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84.
- Added boot lock button to app to enable all apps to load @ boot e.g. Plex Media Server and then locks the screen to prevent unauthorized access to your mac while still loading all the apps.
- Removed “mute boot” button.
- Add icon upload video tutorial.
- Simplified hijack tab into one window with Apple TV setup guide.
- Fixed bug in reboot OS X option in WebConnect.
- Fixed bug in myplex loader.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite beta 3 with hijacking Trailers, iMovie and WSJ app!
Stay tuned! 😉