Plex (v0.9.11.0, October 12, 2014), PlexConnect (v0.4, July 24, 2014) and OpenPlex (new: beta 0.3.6, December 5, 2014) running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 2 (build number 14C78c), released on December 5, 2014. I positively tested on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0.2 software.
Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 2 is still not working perfectly! My MacBook Pro 13” End 2013 still crashes after stand-by mode. However, Google’s Chrome browser crashes seems to be resolved. It appears that the stand-by issue is also related to the trackpad.
Hence, I’m lucky that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working:
The latest Apple TV 7.0.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.3.6 was also released on December, 2014, and is available for download:
Openplex 0.3.6 Changelog:
- Added Preview button to each Theme by CyberGhost
- Minor GUI changes by CyberGhost
- Added PlexIcon Upload Instructions
- Fixed fanart folder removal during git pull
- Fixed lower case “s” typo in Settings.cfg during cert generation renaming Settings.cfg incorrectly
However, the automated app update takes too long. This should be improved.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
Finally, I am very delighted that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 2 without any issues! However, Mac OS X 10.10.2 must be improved compared to the second beta version…
Stay tuned! 😉