Plex (v0.9.11.0, October 12, 2014), PlexConnect (new: v0.5, December 14, 2014) and OpenPlex (new: beta 0.3.6, December 15, 2014) running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 3 (build number 14C81f), released on December 13, 2014. I positively tested on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0.2 software.
Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 3 is still not working perfectly! My MacBook Pro 13” End 2013 still crashes after stand-by mode (black screen, not able to login after sleep mode or after opening the lid). It appears that the stand-by issue is related to the trackpad.
Hence, I’m lucky that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working:
The latest Apple TV 7.0.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.3.6 was also updated on December 15, 2014, and is available for download, now as an installer app:
Openplex 0.3.6 Changelog:
- Added Preview button to each Theme by CyberGhost
- Minor GUI changes by CyberGhost
- Added PlexIcon Upload Instructions
- Fixed fanart folder removal during git pull
- Fixed lower case “s” typo in Settings.cfg during cert generation renaming Settings.cfg incorrectly
- Customized old update icon into a better looking up arrow to avoid confusion
- Changed PlexIcon instructions to reflect more steps to avoid confusion
- Added more support for 10.6-10.7
- Split app into two apps for 10.6-10.7 & 10.8-10.10 due to Notification Center issues on 10.6-10.7
- Improved notifications for manual updates
- Improved notifications for automatic hijacking
- Improved in-app updater function
- Fixed a loop in the code causing the /usr/local/git/OP folder to be created without permission
- Fixed Restoreall button to load ATVSettings.cfg since PlexConnect now saves it upon shutdown
- Varios code fixes for sudoers & ATVSettings.cfg during theme installation(s)
- New updater app GUI designed by CyberGhost84 & app code designed by Wahlmanj
- New installer app GUI by designed CyberGhost84 & app code designed by WahlmanjHowever, the automated app update takes too long. This should be improved.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 3 without any issues! However, Mac OS X 10.10.2 must be improved compared to the third beta version…
Stay tuned! 😉