Plex (v0.9.11.0, October 12, 2014), PlexConnect (new: v0.5, December 14, 2014) and OpenPlex (new: beta 0.4.2, January 15, 2015) running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 5 (build number 14C99d), released on January 15, 2015. I positively tested on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0.2 software.
Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 5 is still not working perfectly! My MacBook Pro 13” End 2013 got again WiFi issues. The crashes after stand-by mode (black screen, not able to login after sleep mode or after opening the lid) on beta 3 were due to an incompatible AirParrot screen driver and are resolved by an AirParrot update.
Hence, I’m lucky that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working:
The latest Apple TV 7.0.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.4.1 was also updated on January 15, 2015, and is available for download, now as an installer app:
Openplex 0.4.2 Changelog:
- New Gui by CyberGhost84
- Added Custom folder icons
- Improved WebConnect error checking
- Improved all buttons to use textured style
- Improved pillow error checking to link to proper python
- Improved all auto loaders to use easy on/off buttons
- Added Settings.cfg loader & MyPlex loader
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta 5 without any issues! However, Mac OS X 10.10.2 must be improved compared to the 5th beta version…
Stay tuned! 😉