Plex (v0.9.11.0, October 12, 2014), PlexConnect (v0.5, December 14, 2014) and OpenPlex (beta 0.5, March 13, 2015) are running on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 4. On March 16, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 4 (build number 14D105g, “pre-release”). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.1 software and Apple TV 7.2 beta 2 software.
Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite adds the awaited new Photos app and the WiFi issues seem to be resolved with beta 4 at last!
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 4:
The latest Apple TV 7.1 and 7.2 beta 2 software are only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.5 was updated with some improvements on March 13, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.5 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84
- Added boot lock button to app to enable all apps to load @ boot e.g. Plex Media Server and then locks the screen to prevent unauthorized access to your mac while still loading all the apps.
- Removed “mute boot” button.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 4 without any issues!
Stay tuned! 😉