Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7. On April 2, 2015, only three days after the latest update beta 6, Apple released Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7 (build number 14D130a, “pre-release”). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.1 software and Apple TV 7.2 beta 3 software. However, hijacking of iMovie app and WSJ app does only partially work! The library cannot be accessed with Apple TV 7.2 beta 3 software!
Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite adds the awaited new Photos app and the WiFi issues seem to be resolved with beta 7!
The following set up was used for testing:
- Plex (Version 0.9.11.17.986-269b82b/’Plex Pass only’, March 28, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.5, March 28, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7, but only with hijacking Trailers app in all combinations:
- Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7 + Apple TV 7.1 software: all OK
- Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7 + Apple TV 7.2 software beta 3: Trailers OK, WSJ and iMovie NOK
The latest Apple TV 7.1 and 7.2 beta 3 software are only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
Plex Media Server was updated on March 28, 2015 (‘Plex Pass only’).
Plex Version 0.9.11.17.986-269b82b changelog (fixes):
- Improve preferences around video thumbnail (BIF) files. Allow per-library enabling.
- Improve the scheduled task to account for BIF files which were manually deleted.
- Fix a few cases in which tokens could end up in logs.
- SD filtering was broken.
- Speed up backup of large databases in the scheduled task.
- A crash analyzing certain photos.
- An issue where multiple TV libraries weren’t browsable on the XB360.
- Massive reduction in memory when scanning or refreshing large libraries.
- Photo albums could end up without thumbnails in some cases.
- A few fixes for stream selection and play queues for remote control.
- Various other improvements to stability.
PlexConnect was updated on December 14, 2014 and is available for download.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.5 was updated with some improvements on March 28, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.5 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84
- Added boot lock button to app to enable all apps to load @ boot e.g. Plex Media Server and then locks the screen to prevent unauthorized access to your mac while still loading all the apps.
- Removed “mute boot” button.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
Finally, I am very delighted that the latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite beta 7 with hijacking Trailers app! But something was changed to interrupt hijacking iMovie app and WSJ app! Be careful with updating!
Stay tuned! 😉