I personally used FingerPrint up to the date I purchased a HP Photosmart 7510 with integrated AirPrint function. The reason for doing this was not to find in FingerPrint but in the anoying low speed of my Acer Aspire 1810T running with Windows 7. Beside this, the computer must be permanently switched on because the printing jobs run over the PC. But it is a cheap alternative to AirPrint capable printers for iPhone or iPad users ($19,95 per license).
Now COLLOBOS Software released FingerPrint 2.2. The update is free and features:
- Custom Folders, other utilities, etc.
- Increased Printer Compatibility
- Access Control Lists (security)
- Compatibility with large printer banks (25+ printers)
- Bi-Directional ability to send print jobs via the application (if logged in) or service (if not logged in) improving functionality.
Stay tuned! 😉