macOS Photos app cannot import selected folders of images to albums sustaining the original album’s name. macOS Photos app is only capable to make bulk import of images. Further more, macOS Photos app can even not import nested folders and convert them to nested albums in the Photos app. However, nested folders images are easily imported to nested albums in the Photos app using an app based on an applescript conserving the folders’ original names and nested structure. The app is working on macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 and Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.
How to import nested folders of images to nested albums in macOS Photos app
- Download the application “Photos Import Nested Folders To Albums“. Photos Import Nested Folders To Albums App
"Photos Import Nested Folders To Albums app" is an app for importing nested folders to nested albums of the Mac OS Photos app.
Languages: English Author: Gee Are Pabst Platforms: Mac OS X Category: macOS License: Shareware Date: June 18, 2017
- Open your Photos app library and launch the app “Photos Import Nested Folders To Albums“.
- Select the source folder(s) on your hard drive you want to import.
- During importing the nested albums are generated in macOS Photos app.
- After importing, all nested folders are converted into nested albums in macOS Photos app. Images in the main folder of the source are imported into a separate nested album with the main folder’s name.
macOS Photos App, introduced in April 2015 with the release of Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, lacks of a function of importing nested albums of images to nested albums remaining the folder’s original name. You can overcome this lack by using an Applescript. For a more convenient way as shown in this post, the Applescript is converted to a macOS application.
Stay tuned! 😉