Plex (v0.9.9.14), PlexConnect (v0.4, July 24, 2014) and OpenPlex (beta 0.3.3, October 9, 2014) are running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite GM candidate 3 (Golden Master Candidate), positively tested both on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0 software and on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0.1 beta 2 software. The release of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite is awaited for October 16, 2014.
The latest Apple TV 7.0 and 7.0.1 beta 2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
- Apple TV WOL plist installer added to extras tab (wake Mac from Apple TV)
- firstname.lastname@example.org’s added for Apple TV 3 users that switch to 720p (rare)
- Tested official-plexconnect-fanart-views with Pillow installer, works perfectly
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV 2 and 3:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update and PlexConnect on Windows: How To Hijack iMovie Theatre Or WSJ Instead Of Trailers App
- PlexConnect on Plex Forums
I am very delighted that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite GM candidate 3 without any issues!
Stay tuned! 😉