Plex (v0.9.9.14), PlexConnect (v0.4, July 24, 2014) and OpenPlex (beta 0.3.3, October 9, 2014) are running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (build number 14A389), positively tested both on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0 software and on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0.1 beta 2 software. The Mac OS X 10.10 was released on October 16, 2014. The awaited Apple TV 7.0.1 software was not released, but will probably be published together with iOS 8.1 on October, 20, 2014.
The latest Apple TV 7.0 and 7.0.1 beta 2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
- Apple TV WOL plist installer added to extras tab (wake Mac from Apple TV)
- email@example.com’s added for Apple TV 3 users that switch to 720p (rare)
- Tested official-plexconnect-fanart-views with Pillow installer, works perfectly
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV 2 and 3:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update and PlexConnect on Windows: How To Hijack iMovie Theatre Or WSJ Instead Of Trailers App
- PlexConnect on Plex Forums
I am very delighted that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite final release without any issues!
Stay tuned! 😉