iTunes 12 is running on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. iTunes 12.0.1 for Windows (64-bit) was released October 16, 2014, together with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. iTunes 12 for Windows is available for download and can be easily updated from iTunes 11 for Windows using the automated software update function. iTunes 12 adds iCloud Family Sharing, faster access to all of your favorite media, seamless browsing between Store and library and an improved playlist editing.
iTunes 12.0.1 is installed and working on my Acer Aspire 1810T, running on Windows 8.1 update with Windows 8 Media Center installed.
Windows System Requirements:
- PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
- 400MB of available disk space
- Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
iTunes 12 release notes:
This update includes many design and performance improvements that make iTunes easier and more enjoyable to use.
- Family Sharing. You can now share your purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store with up to six people in your family — without sharing accounts or passwords. To start sharing, setup your iCloud Family by choosing iCloud in System Preferences on OS X Yosemite or Settings on iOS 8.
- Faster access to all of your favorite media. iTunes now includes dedicated icons for music, movies, or TV shows, which make it easier to get to wherever you want to go in your library with a single click.
- Seamless browsing between Store and library. The iTunes Store is now a part of the music, movies, or TV shows views of your library — making it simple to jump between your personal collection and what’s new for each category in the Store.
- Recently Added. iTunes puts recently added albums, movies, or TV shows at the top of your library — making it effortless to find something new to play.
- Improved playlist editing. You can now see your full music library and playlists side-by-side, making it easy to browse your music and drag your favorite songs into any playlist.
- Improved Get Info. The all-new Get Info has been completely redesigned to focus your attention only on what’s necessary for the selected item.
I am delighted that iTunes 12 for Windows (64 bit) is running seamlessly on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. If you got problems or crashes with iTunes 12 on Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, check this post to fix it.
Stay tuned! 😉
iTunes 12 Running on Windows 8 And Windows 8.1 http://t.co/zEpnx7clyq
Pingback: iTunes 12 Compatible To Windows 10 Technical Preview - miApple.me
Pingback: Fixing iTunes 12 Crashes On Windows 8 And 8.1 - miApple.me
I found your website and was wondering if you can help me. I just bought a new laptop with windows 8.1 and of course, I downloaded the last version Itunes. The problem is that Itunes reads my Iphone but I can’t handle in my library. Cant add or delete songs or even manage and create new files. Can you pleeease help me? Dont know what to do anymore! 🙁
Tks a lot!
try to completely de-install iTunes following this post https://miapple.me/fix-itunes-11-1-4-windows-installations-apple-support-document-released/, reboot and re-install iTunes “as administrator” again.
Hope that helps. 🙂