Update: iTunes 12.3 Compatible To Windows 10
Update: iTunes 12.2 Compatible To Windows 10
Update: Fixing iTunes 12 Crashes On Windows 10
iTunes 12 is not only running on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, but iTunes 12 is also compatible to Windows 10 Technical Preview. The system requirements for iTunes 12 for Windows are a PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor, 512MB of RAM, 400MB of available disk space and Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store. It seems that there are no additional prerequisites needed, as it is for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems, e.g. the Windows 8 Media Center.
Here’s how to proceed the iTunes 12 installation on Windows 10 Technical Preview:
- Download iTunes 12 and save the file ‘iTunes64Setup.exe‘ on your hard drive.
- After downloading open the folder where you save the file ‘iTunes64Setup.exe‘. Make a right mouse click on this file and push ‘Run as Administrator.
- After allowing iTunes to access your PC, the ‘Welcome to iTunes’ screen appears. Click on ‘Next‘.
- On the ‘Installation Options’ screen select all options and click on ‘Install’.
- Then the installation process begins. This can take a while. Wait and see. 🙂
- Check that iTunes is installed in the correct folder: …\Program Files\iTunes and NOT …\Program Files (x86)\iTunes (Kudos to AppleBlossom27!)
- Optional, after the installation has finished, you need to add manually iTunes 12 to the task bar or pin it to start screen.
- Open iTunes 12 and enjoy… 😉
I’m really delighted that iTunes 12 is compatible to Windows 10 Technical preview, running in dual-boot on my old Acer Aspire 1810 T with Windows 8.1 Update installed parallelly. What are your findings? Let us know and comment!
Stay tuned! 😉