iTunes 12.3 is compatible to Windows 10 like iTunes 12 and iTunes 12.2, . iTunes 12.3 for Windows was released together with iOS 9 on September 16, 2015. iTunes 12.3 adds support for iOS 9 and Windows 10 and improves overall stability and performance and security. iTunes 12.3 is needed for iOS 9 devices. iOS 9 devices will not be shown on iTunes 12.2.
The system requirements for iTunes 12.3 for Windows are PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor with support for SSE2 and 512MB of RAM, 400MB of available disk space and Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store. It seems that there are no additional prerequisites needed, as it is for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems, e.g. the Windows 8 Media Center.
iTunes 12.3 for Windows release notes:
Important: Once you upgrade your iOS devices to iOS 9, you need iTunes 12.3. Your iOS 9 device won’t appear in iTunes 12.2:
This update to iTunes adds support for iOS 9 and Windows 10. It also:
- Resolves a problem that prevented reordering of songs within Up Next
- Fixes a problem where some radio stations did not appear within Recently Played
- Addresses an issue where songs you loved on iOS did not appear loved on iTunes
- Supports two-factor authentication to secure your Apple ID
- Improves overall stability and performance
iTunes 12.3 for Windows installation:
Here’s how to proceed the iTunes 12.3 installation on Windows 10:
- Download iTunes 12.3 and save the file ‘itunes6464setup.exe‘ on your hard drive.
- After downloading open the folder where you save the file ‘itunes6464setup.exe‘. Make a right mouse click on this file and push ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- After allowing iTunes to access your PC, the ‘Welcome to iTunes‘ screen appears. Click on ‘Next‘.
- On the ‘Installation Options‘ screen select all options and click on ‘Install‘.
- Then the installation process begins. This can take a while. Wait and see. 🙂
- Check that iTunes is installed in the correct folder: …\Program Files\iTunes and NOT …\Program Files (x86)\iTunes (Kudos to AppleBlossom27!)
- Optional, after the installation has finished, you need to add manually iTunes 12 to the task bar or pin it to start screen.
- Open iTunes 12 and enjoy… 😉
I successfully installed iTunes 12.3 on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (build 10532).
If you face iTunes 12.3 installation problems or iTunes 12.3 crashes, then have a look at this post which is also valid for iTunes 12.3: Fixing iTunes 12 Crashes On Windows 10
I’m really delighted that iTunes 12.3 is compatible to Windows 10, running in dual-boot on my old Acer Aspire 1810 T with Windows 8.1 Update installed parallelly. What are your findings? Let us know and comment!
Stay tuned! 😉