Update: Setting Up iCloud Email on Windows 10 Mail App
Microsoft will release the update of Windows 8.1 on October, 19, 2013. I’ve already installed Windows 8.1 Preview on my Acer Aspire 1810T. More and more people have Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installed and/or are using a Microsoft Surface RT or Microsoft Surface Pro. The Setting up of iCloud email in Windows 8.1 is similar to Windows 8, but also not that simple, especially, because certain support documents of Apple or Microsoft are not correct in all details. To choose the correct SSL-settings is very important to get iCloud email in the Windows 8.1 mail app running.
The set up steps are the following:
- In the Mail App, go to ‘Settings’, ‘Account’, ‘Add an account’, ‘Other account’ and choose ‘IMAP’ for setting up iCloud email and click on ‘Connect’.
- Fill in your iCloud email address and your iCloud email password and click on ‘Show more details’.
- The following settings should now be additionally filled in:
- Username = …@me.com (your iCloud email address)
- imap.mail.me.com, SSL = on, Port = 993
- smtp.mail.me.com, SSL = off, Port = 587
- Outgoing server requires authentication = yes
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email = yes
It is very important to switch on SSL for IMAP and off SSL for SMTP! After clicking on ‘Connect’ iCloud email on Windows 8.1 email app should work now.