Update: Setting Up iCloud Email on Windows 10 Mail App
Update: Setting Up iCloud Email In Windows 8.1 Mail App
Setting up iCloud email in Windows 8 mail app is not that simple, especially, because certain support documents of Apple or Microsoft are not correct in all details. Very important are the SSL-settings mentioned in the later text.
Here we are:
In the Mail App go to settings, account, add account and choose ‘IMAP’ for setting up iCloud email. The following settings should be filled in:
- Username = …@me.com
- imap.mail.me.com, SSL = on, Port = 993
- smtp.mail.me.com, SSL = off, Port = 587
- Outgoing server requires authentication = yes
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email = yes
It is very important to switch on SSL for IMAP and off SSL for SMTP!
Update September 20, 2014:
It is possible to keep security sending mail from @icloud.com adresses to set smtp server with these parameters:
- TLS (NOT SSL)
- port 587 and authentification.
At least, it’s working on Windows 8.1 + Outlook 2013 (Cudos to ‘Ribibi’!).
Stay tuned! 😉