The best Google Calendar Sync alternatives to sync Google calendars with Outlook 2010 and 2013 are gSyncit and Outlook4Gmail which also sync multiple Google calendars. For details see the post “Windows 8: Review On Apps Syncing Multiple Google Calendars, Contacts And Tasks With Outlook” about CompanionLink Google Sync, gSyncit, SyncMyCal and Sync 2. In the following I’ll give you more background information and an updated short review on Google Calendar sync alternatives.
Almost two years ago, Google announced that they ended support for Google Calendar Sync (“Google Sync End of Life“) and on August 1, 2014 the application will stop syncing event. This was also declared by email I received yesterday:
“Important Announcement about Google Calendar Sync
Almost two years ago, we announced that we ended support for Google Calendar Sync. Starting on August 1, 2014, this app will no longer sync events between your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
You can continue to access all of your Google Calendar events at calendar.google.com or on your mobile devices. Follow these instructions to uninstall Google Calendar Sync from your computer.
– The Calendar Team”
Google suggests the following other ways to view Google Calendar events:
- Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government customers can use Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook®.
- To view your events on a computer, go to calendar.google.com. You can also get to Calendar from Gmail and other Google products by clicking the App launcher icon in the top right corner of a Google page.
- To view your events on a phone or tablet, you can get the Google Calendar app for Android, sync Calendar with an iPhone or iPad, or open Calendar on a mobile web browser.
These tips are not really Google calendar sync alternatives! However, alternative syncing apps are able to use Google’s CalDAV to manage the sync with Microsoft’s Outlook. I tested on my Acer Aspire 1810T running on Windows 8.1 Pro the following Google Calendar sync alternatives for Outlook (for details see my review):
- CompanionLink Google Sync: Recommendation, if you want to sync multiple Google calendars, Google contacts and Google tasks and if you do not have any problem that all appointments are synced to your main Outlook calendar ($49.95)
- gSyncit: Recommendation, one of the best app for syncing multiple Google calendars, Google contacts, Google tasks AND Google notes with Outlook on Windows 8! My personal favorite: Easy Setup and with its deep Outlook Integration a very comfortable app ($19.99)
- Outlook4Gmail: Recommendation, one of the best app as Google calendar sync alternative, easy setup, manages multiple Google calendars and contacts. ($19.99)
- SyncMyCal: No recommendation, not available anymore)
- Sync 2: No recommendation, if you want to sync multiple Google calendars! ($59.99)
My personal favourite is Outllok4Gmail which works with multiple calendars, too. The most important Outlook4Gmail features are syncing contacts, calendars and appointments. For details have a look at the feature list:
gSyncit and Outlook4Gmail are excellent Google calendar sync alternatives including managing multiple Google calendars. gSyncit is additionally able to sync Google notes and tasks. If you need to sync these, gSyncit is the sole Google calendar sync alternative.
Stay tuned! 😉