Living outside the USA? And you need to download some apps, especially free ones, which are only available in the US App Store? No problem, just get your US iTunes / App Store account within some seconds! There is no need to have an US credit card! I created my alternate US iTunes / App Store account to get the free Google Voice App on my iPhone which is sole available in the US App store. For example, I am using Google Voice to forward voicemails and SMS messages to my COOKOO watch and wanted to get Google voicemails and SMS Messages on my iPhone or to make phone calls via Google Voice from my iPhone.
All you have to do to get free apps from the US App Store on your iPhone or iPad is the following:
- Create an US iTunes account (no credit card needed!). Follow the detailed Apple support documentation here. Choose an email address as Apple ID which you have never ever used as an Apple ID!
- Take your iDevice (iPhone or iPad), go to Settings – iTunes & App Stores click on your current Apple ID and sign out.
- Now sign in to your US iTunes account, using your new US Apple ID you generated in step 1.
- Download the desired free App, e.g. Google Voice App for iPhone, from the US App Store.
- Repeat sign out/sign in process in order to sign in again to your regular iTunes account.
Note: If you are automatically updating your iPhone or iPad apps via syncing with iTunes on your PC or Mac, maybe you have to switch between your iTunes account to get the updates synced.
Stay tuned! 😉