Google Voice is able to forward voicemails and SMS messages. I’m using Google Voice for forwarding voicemails and SMS messages to my COOKOO watch. In the U.S. iTunes / App Store you can donwload and install the free Google Voice iOS app for iPhone, but you can’t download it, if you’ve got an iTunes account outside the USA.
However, all you have to do to get Google Voce iOS app on your iPhone or iPad is the following:
- Create an US iTunes account (no credit card needed!). Follow the detailed Apple support documentation here. Choose an email address as Apple ID which you have never ever used as an Apple ID!
- Take your iDevice (iPhone or iPad), go to Settings – iTunes & App Stores click on your current Apple ID and sign out.
- Now sign in to your US iTunes account, using your new US Apple ID you generated in step 1.
- Download the Google Voice App for iPhone from the App Store.
- Repeat sign out/sign in process in order to sign in again to your regular iTunes account.
Note: If you are automatically updating your iPhone or iPad apps via syncing with iTunes on your PC or Mac, maybe you have to switch between your iTunes account to get the updates synced.
Stay tuned! 😉