Learn how to remove subscribed calendars from iPhone and iPad running on iOS 8. Apple changed the way to remove subscribed calendars coming with iOS 7 and iOS 8. Subscribed calendars can only be hidden within the calendar app, but cannot be deleted there. In iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11, subscribed calendars are removed in ‘Settings’. Further more, a detailed Apple support document for iOS calendar app is missing. There is only a documentation for iCloud calendar subscriptions on Mac OS X.
Follow these step to remove subscribed calendars:
- Open ‘Settings‘ on your iPhone or iPad and tap on ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars‘.
- Scroll to ‘Accounts‘ and look for ‘Subscribed Calendars‘ and tap on it.
- If you got more than one subscribed calendar, then select the one you want to remove and then, tap on ‘Delete Account‘. Done! The subscription is removed.
- Since iOS 7, Apple has automatically added a ‘Holidays‘ subscription to your iPhone or iPad calendar app which cannot be deleted, it can just be hidden. For US it is ‘US Holidays‘, for Germany ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘, for Switzerland ‘Schweizer Feiertage‘ and so on.
- Important: The selected language must fit to the selected ‘Region Format‘ to get the holidays subscription displayed properly. For example, if you choose ‘Germany‘ as region and set the language to English, then the subscription ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘ appears, but with no events shown. If you set the language to German, then all events of ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘ are shown.
Like Adding, moving and removing contacts to/from groups or accounts, managing calendar subscriptions on iPhone and iPad is not very user-friendly and not intuitive. I want to delete a calendar subscription in the calendar app and not somewhere deep in the settings. What’s your experience in managing Calendar subscription on iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11? Let us know ans comment!
iOS 8: How To Remove Subscribed Calendars From iPhone And iPad http://t.co/9Ov5KN2Tkz
Pingback: iCloud: How To Push Subscribed Calendars From Mac To iPhone And iPad - miApple.me
What about the “US Holidays” calendar in the “OTHER” section at the bottom of the calendar list?
as mentioned in this post under ‘Note’, this is iOS’s integrated holiday calendar which cannot be deleted. It can just be hidden.
It will disappear if you change your region under Language & Region
There’s no subscribed calendars option that I can see :/
do you want to remove a holiday subscription? If it is the iOS built-in holiday, you can’t remove it (the the ‘Note’ section in this post). Hence, you cannot see any subscribed calendar option.
If it is another one, give me more information, please.
These instructions are not valid for IOS 8.1.4. I cannot see an option called Subscribed Calendars, nor an option to delete.
Sorry – meant IOS 8.4.1 Latest version
is it an iCloud subscribed calendar? Or a Google calendar subscription?
I tested it again and it still works on iOS 9.
Either you’re just waiting a couples of days till its release or you got an iCloud calendar subscribed on your Mac. Then just need to unsubscribe on your Mac!
If you go to your calendar app, click on the word calendar at the bottom and select hide all for all the calendars, you can then check which calendars you want to show up on your actual calendar. Hit done and it should clear all preloaded useless holiday calendars. Hope it helps!
These instructions did not work for iPhone version 11.4.1
Settings / accounts and passwords / subscribed calendars
Thank you very much for your feedback!