Learn how to remove subscribed calendars from iPhone and iPad running on iOS 8. Apple changed the way to remove subscribed calendars coming with iOS 7 and iOS 8. Subscribed calendars can only be hidden within the calendar app, but cannot be deleted there. In iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11, subscribed calendars are removed in ‘Settings’. Further more, a detailed Apple support document for iOS calendar app is missing. There is only a documentation for iCloud calendar subscriptions on Mac OS X.
Follow these step to remove subscribed calendars:
- Open ‘Settings‘ on your iPhone or iPad and tap on ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars‘.
- Scroll to ‘Accounts‘ and look for ‘Subscribed Calendars‘ and tap on it.
- If you got more than one subscribed calendar, then select the one you want to remove and then, tap on ‘Delete Account‘. Done! The subscription is removed.
- Since iOS 7, Apple has automatically added a ‘Holidays‘ subscription to your iPhone or iPad calendar app which cannot be deleted, it can just be hidden. For US it is ‘US Holidays‘, for Germany ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘, for Switzerland ‘Schweizer Feiertage‘ and so on.
- Important: The selected language must fit to the selected ‘Region Format‘ to get the holidays subscription displayed properly. For example, if you choose ‘Germany‘ as region and set the language to English, then the subscription ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘ appears, but with no events shown. If you set the language to German, then all events of ‘Deutsche Feiertage‘ are shown.
Like Adding, moving and removing contacts to/from groups or accounts, managing calendar subscriptions on iPhone and iPad is not very user-friendly and not intuitive. I want to delete a calendar subscription in the calendar app and not somewhere deep in the settings. What’s your experience in managing Calendar subscription on iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11? Let us know ans comment!