Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan beta 2. On September 29, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan beta 2 (build number 15B22c, (‘pre-release’). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.2 software. Find more about Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan on Apple’s Website. In contrast to OS X 10.11 El Capitan GM, I had NOT to re-install OpenPlex like with beta 1. There seem to be no big changes to OS X 10.11 El Capitan GM.
Due to improved OS security, you must disable the System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’, also called “rootless” before installing or updating OpenPlex or OpenPlex Lite. Here’s the System Integrity Protection fix (but be aware that you’re loosing security! Re-activate it after Installation!):
The following set up was used for testing:
- Upgraded OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan beta 2 with disabled System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’.
- Plex (Version 0.9.12.13.1464-4ccd2ca / September 24, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.5, July 27, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan beta 2:
- The latest Apple TV 7.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
- The newest tvOS beta is NOT working on Apple TV generations 1 to 3, solely on Apple TV 4th generation!
- Apple changed the URL for the WSL app from secure.marketwatch.com to video-api-secure.wsj.com.
Plex Media Server was updated on September 24, 2015.
Plex Version 0.9.12.13.1464-4ccd2ca changelog:
- Fix a new issue where background artwork wasn’t returned correctly in some cases.
- Sync: Fix an issue where sync item status wasn’t updated.
- In some cases, extras weren’t downloaded for movies.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.5 was updated with some improvements on July 27, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.5 Changelog:
Wahlman.j updated OpenPlex to fix the issue with the new WSJ-URL.
- New GUI by CyberGhost84.
- Added boot lock button to app to enable all apps to load @ boot e.g. Plex Media Server and then locks the screen to prevent unauthorized access to your mac while still loading all the apps.
- Removed “mute boot” button.
- Add icon upload video tutorial.
- Simplified hijack tab into one window with Apple TV setup guide.
- Fixed bug in reboot OS X option in WebConnect.
- Fixed bug in myplex loader.
- Fix WSJ to use new URL in codebase – Credit goes to @rrgeorge for allowing “-” in hosttointercept
- Remove custom fork by wahlman.j of CyberGhost84’s old theme
- Move development theme into custom slot for Wahlman.j’s theme
- Disable preview of wahlman.j’s theme until uploaded to youtube
- Fix myplex & custom certs autoloading when manually or automatically loading custom hoststointercept’s
- Addded custom hosttointercept cert generator
- Added custom hosttointercept Settings.cfg generator
- New hijack Icons
- 10.10.5 WebConnect button added for new apache2 httpd.conf
- Moved about notes to about page
- Moved instructions to Settings tab
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
The latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan beta 2 with hijacking Trailers, iMovie and WSJ app! But Keep in mind to deactivate System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’ before installing OpenPlex.
Stay tuned! 😉