Plex (v0.9.9), PlexConnect (v0.4, July 24, 2014) and OpenPlex (beta 0.2.8, September 15, 2014) are running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite beta 8, positively tested both on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 6.2 software and on an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.0 GM seed software. The Golden Master of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite is awaited end of September and fhe final release of Yosemite will reportedly released on October 2014.
The latest Apple TV 7.0 GM seed is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 -- AppleTV3,1 -- MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 -- AppleTV3,2 -- MD199LL/A). This could mean that the final Apple TV 7.0 software will only work on Apple TV 3 (3rd generation) and newer. 😉
Openplex 0.2.8 is available for download. Here’s the changelog:
- New updated Gui from CyberGhost
- Update app function now updates the app, quits the app then opens the app automatically
- Fixed error in auto update. reinstall code (existing users), app and plist (auto update button)
The menu of OpenPlex 0.2.8 got a redesign and is much more user-friendly:
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV 2 and 3:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update and PlexConnect on Windows: How To Hijack iMovie Theatre Or WSJ Instead Of Trailers App
- PlexConnect on Plex Forums
I am very delighted that Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite beta 8 without any issues!
Stay tuned! 😉