OneCalendar syncs Google Calendars with Windows 10 (Technical preview). Both multiple Google calendars and Gmail accounts are supported. Further more, you can add Exchange calendars (including Office 365), Facebook events and birthdays and outlook.com calendars (hotmail, live calendars). So far, Windows 10 calendar app is only able to sync Google calendars and iCloud calendars via ‘read-only’ mode. You can download and install OneCalendar from the Windows 10 App Store (beta).
Before I found OneCalendar, I recommended the free app ‘Gmail Calendar‘ for Windows 8. However, the free ‘Gmail Calendar’ app has some disadvantages:
- It is not ad-free.
- You cannot access your events offline.
- There is no background refresh (premium feature).
- You always have to open the app for refreshing.
Now coming back to OneCalendar. After downloading and installing OneCalendar from the Windows 10 App Store (beta), you set up Google calendars as follows:
- Go to ‘Settings‘, click on ‘Add an account‘ and select ‘Gmail Google calendar‘.
- Sign in with your Google account email and password. Accept permissions.
- Select birthdays and Google calendarsforsynchronising.
- If you want, you can add another (Gmail) account.
- Syncs multiple Gmail Google calendar accounts.
- Syncs multiple Google calendars of one account.
- Syncs immediately with Google calendar.
- Support of iCloud calendars is missing. The sole option is to sync iCloud calendars via Outlook.com calendar subscription to OneCalendar (‘read-only’).
OneCalendar syncs Google Calendars with Windows 10 Technical preview. Both multiple Google calendars and accounts and Exchange, Facebook and outlook.com calendars are also supported.
Stay tuned! 😉