Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 2. On November 3, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 2 (build number 15C31f, ‘pre-release’). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.2 software. Find more about Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan on Apple’s Website. I had to completely re-install OpenPlex after removing all old PlexConnect files including backup. It seems that all security settings were brought back to default with the beta 2 update.
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. The focus areas are Graphics, Mail, Wi-Fi, Calendar, USB, Notes, Photos and Spotlight.
Due to improved OS security, you must disable the System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’, also called “rootless” before installing or updating OpenPlex or OpenPlex Lite. Here’s the System Integrity Protection fix (but be aware that you’re loosing security! Re-activate it after Installation!):
The following set up was used for testing:
- Upgraded OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 2 with disabled System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’.
- Plex (Version 0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80 / November 6, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.6, November 2, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 2:
- The latest Apple TV 7.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
- The newest tvOS beta is NOT working on Apple TV generations 1 to 3, solely on Apple TV 4th generation!
- Apple changed the URL for the WSL app from secure.marketwatch.com to video-api-secure.wsj.com.
- The official Plex App for Apple TV 4th generation is already available.
Plex Media Server was updated on October 26, 2015.
Plex Version 0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80 changelog:
- Improved subtitle handling on Apple TV
- Improved Direct Play support on Apple TV
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.6 was released with a new GUI on November 2, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.6 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84.
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
The latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 2 with hijacking Trailers, iMovie and WSJ app! But Keep in mind to deactivate System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’ before installing OpenPlex.
Stay tuned! 😉