Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are running on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 3. On November 10, 2015, Apple released Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 3 (build number 15C40a, ‘pre-release’). I positively tested it with an Apple TV 3 running on Apple TV 7.2 software. Find more about Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan on Apple’s Website. I had not to re-install OpenPlex.
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. The focus areas are Graphics, Mail, Wi-Fi, Calendar, USB, Notes, Photos and Spotlight.
Due to improved OS security, you must disable the System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’, also called “rootless” before installing or updating OpenPlex (the latest 0.6 version dated November 10, 2015 should do this automatically) or OpenPlex Lite. Here’s the System Integrity Protection fix (but be aware that you’re loosing security! Re-activate it after Installation!):
The following set up was used for testing:
- Upgraded OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 3 with disabled System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’.
- Plex (Version 0.9.14.0.1539-61cdd0f / November 7, 2015)
- PlexConnect (v0.5-dev, December 14, 2014)
- OpenPlex (beta 0.6, November 10, 2015)
- Apple TV 3 / 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13” Late 2013
Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are working on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 3:
- The latest Apple TV 7.2 software is only available for Apple TV 3 3rd generation (Model number A1427 – AppleTV3,1 – MD199LL/A) and Apple TV 3 3rd generation rev a (Model number A1469 – AppleTV3,2 – MD199LL/A).
- The newest tvOS beta is NOT working on Apple TV generations 1 to 3, solely on Apple TV 4th generation!
- Apple changed the URL for the WSL app from secure.marketwatch.com to video-api-secure.wsj.com.
- The official Plex App for Apple TV 4th generation is already available.
Plex Media Server was updated on November 7, 2015.
Plex Version 0.9.14.0.1539-61cdd0f changelog:
- Translations for Estonian, Japanese, Romanian and Russian.
- Rich support for “soft” subtitles, including WebVTT.
- Upgraded transcoder.
- Allow user to install a custom SSL certificate.
- (Windows) Partial directory scanning support added.
- Improvements when Direct Streaming high-quality files for Roku devices.
- Support for OCSP stapling.
- Add support for flagging “sidecar” subtitles as forced or default.
- Add support for compressed responses to the HTTP client.
- (API) Support for recursive play queue generation (useful for photos).
- (API) Add repeat=1 to play queue endpoint.
- (API) Add count parameter to search endpoint.
- Get all genres for album and artist from tracks.
- Increase maximum available video quality
- Add support for generating chapter thumbnails.
- Use language settings from plex.tv for server owner.
- Support transcoding of theme music.
- A number of transcode and analysis crashes on Windows.
- A transcoder crash involving large WTV files.
- Fix a crash during multiple simultaneous calls to /prefs endpoint.
PlexConnect v0.5 changelog (major improvements):
- Revamped Audio/Music handling (for iOS>=7.0. That version got a new XML audio player… thanks Beats!)
- GUI improvements: Fanart, Backgrounds… (needs PIL/Pillow library for Python)
- Playlists support (video/audio): continuous play, shuffle, also for TVShow/Season/Episodes
- Save ATVSettings.cfg after changes
Further more, OpenPlex beta 0.6 was released with a new GUI on November 10, 2015, and is available for download as an installer app:
Openplex beta 0.6 Changelog:
- New GUI by CyberGhost84.
- Add Settings.cfg easy editing
- Multiple bug fixes
- Add python firewall codesign button
- Add trash can warning removal
- Add CLT check in OpenPlex.app
- Add CLT dialog in installer.app to display when not installed
- Fix loaders (requires script editor 2.7 when editing/saving and importing back into Xcode)
- Fixed OpenPlex.app to be SIP compliant by moving all scripts from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin and exporting paths
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
- For Windows 10: How To Install PlexConnect On Windows 10
The latest Plex, PlexConnect and OpenPlex are still running on Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan beta 3 with hijacking Trailers, iMovie and WSJ app! But Keep in mind to deactivate System Integrity Protection ‘csrutil’ before installing OpenPlex.
Stay tuned! 😉