Update: PlexConnect Running On Apple TV 6.2 Update
Update: OpenPlex App Installs And Manages PlexConnect on Mac OS X
Update: PlexConnect Running on Apple TV 7.0 Beta 1 And Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
On April 23, 2014, Apple released the Apple TV 6.1.1 (6698.99.19) software update. PlexConnect is still running on Apple TV 6.1.1 (Apple TV 2nd and 3rd generation). I tested it right now and I can confirm it for my Acer Aspire 1810T running on Windows 8.1 Pro and my MacBook Pro 13” (Mid 2012) running on Mavericks. There was no need to change anything in the set up of PlexConnect. Apple TV 6.1.1 includes general performance, stability and security improvements.
Apple TV 6.1.1 update comes alongside the new iOS 7.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. That update added
- Further improvements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Fixes a bug that could impact keyboard responsiveness
- Fixes an issue when using Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled
PlexConnect is still running on Apple TV 6.1.1 update:
The Apple TV software version was 6.1 (6698.99.16) before I updated my Apple TV 3rd generation. After updating, the Apple TV software version shown is 6.1.1 (6698.99.19).
If you are new to PlexConnect then follow the work around to get PlexConnect running on your Apple TV:
- For Mac OS X: PlexConnect On Windows 8 And OS X 10.8.4: Plex Media Server On Apple TV 2 And 3 Without Jailbreak
- For Windows: Installing PlexConnect On Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 After Apple TV Update
I am very delighted that PlexConnect is still running on the second Apple TV 6.1.1 update without any issues!
Stay tuned! 😉