Reflector 1.6.3 for Mac is now available. Now supported iOS devices can mirror at 1080p when “Optimize For” is set to High-Resolution. Further more, this version improves Reflector and AirPlay stability. The trial period has also been improved. Previously, the trial was limited to one ten-minute mirroring session every ten minutes. Reflector 1.6.3 changes this period to seven days and adds a watermark. The Mac version can record your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad screen, the Windows PC one does not. The video screen capture works seamlessly on my Mac Book Pro 13”, mid 2012.
Reflecor 1.6.3 changes include:
- Reflector now has a fully-functional, seven day trial (with subtle watermark)
- Added a new first-launch splash screen and registration window
- Supported iOS devices (iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPod touch (5th generation)) mirror at 1080p when “Optimize For” is set to Hi-Res
- Reflector now encrypts the AirPlay password in the configuration file
- Improved audio performance during AirPlay mirroring and audio/video streaming
- Resolved an issue that prevented pasting a license key in the registration window
- Resolved an issue that caused mirroring connections to drop when AirPlaying a video
- Resolved a crash when three or more iPads are mirroring simultaneously
- Numerous stability improvements for Core Duo processor Macs running 10.6
- Help > Reflector Help now links to the Squirrels Support website
- Release notes for version 1.6.3 can be found here.
- You can download this update by selecting “Check for Updates…” from the Reflector menu. The new version of Reflector can also be downloaded from here.
Reflector 1.6.3 for Mac improves performance and stability and adds a new feature: Supported iOS devices can mirror at 1080p when “Optimize For” is set to Hi-Res.
Stay tuned! 😉