iTunes for Windows 10 is easily downloaded and installed, if some precautions are made. Learn how to correctly download and install iTunes for Windows 10 and, if problems occur, how to fix iTunes installation errors and iTunes crashes. Still, a lot of people face problems with installing iTunes on Windows 10 as they have already had on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. They cannot install or update iTunes for Windows 10. In this summary, you will learn how to correctly download, install or update iTunes for Windows 10 and how to fix iTunes installation problems on Windows 10.
iTunes for Windows 10 system requirements:
The system requirements for iTunes 12.3 for Windows are PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor with support for SSE2 and 512MB of RAM, 400MB of available disk space and Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store. It seems that there are no additional prerequisites needed, as it is for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems, e.g. the Windows 8 Media Center.
How to download and install iTunes for Windows 10:
Here’s how to proceed the iTunes for Windows installation on Windows 10:
- Download iTunes and save the file ‘itunes6464setup.exe‘ on your hard drive.
- After downloading open the folder where you save the file ‘itunes6464setup.exe‘. Make a right mouse click on this file and push ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- After allowing iTunes to access your PC, the ‘Welcome to iTunes‘ screen appears. Click on ‘Next‘.
- On the ‘Installation Options‘ screen select all options and click on ‘Install‘.
- Then the installation process begins. This can take a while. Wait and see. 🙂
- Check that iTunes is installed in the correct folder: …\Program Files\iTunes and NOT …\Program Files (x86)\iTunes (Kudos to AppleBlossom27!)
- Optional, after the installation has finished, you need to add manually iTunes 12 to the task bar or pin it to start screen.
- Open iTunes 12 and enjoy… 😉
I successfully installed iTunes 12.3 on Windows 10 Pro.
How to fix iTunes for Windows 10 installation errors and iTunes crashes:
If you face iTunes installation problems or iTunes crashes, then have a look at the following workarounds:
- Run Windows compatibility mode. Make a right click on ‘itunes6464setup.exe‘ and choose ‘Troubleshoot compatibility‘.
- How To Fix iTunes 12 Repair And Installation Errors on Windows 10
- Fixing iTunes 12 Crashes On Windows 10
If properly installed, iTunes for Windows 10 is seamlessly running on Windows 10. The latest iTunes 12.3.2 for Windows update allows you to see works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog. It also includes stability and performance improvements.d.
Stay tuned! 😉